The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

problems with anythingslider

• # February 20, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Hi, im not new to anythingslider, but i am new to having problems with it. I have successfully implemented it on several sites, but this one for some reason I am having problems with it rendering properly. I have checked and re-checked all my links to javascript and css files, no problems there, and i even downloaded a local copy of jquery to my computer – nothing. I am running out of ideas and I am turning to those who are smarter than me. The website is live,

the slider is on the homepage.

relevant css files are as follows:

my main css file, while it doesnt link to anything relevant to the slider, may have something in it that is preventing it from working. the url for that is

I have all the proper javascript files and haven’t edited or changed them at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

# February 21, 2013 at 3:06 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

<br />

You have to load jQuery before jquery.anythingslider.js, hope that fixes it :)

Ugh, I fail at getting the html to work but you know what I mean.

# February 21, 2013 at 9:57 am

Hi bossythecow1924!

It is as CrocoDillon says, load jQuery first.

Also, IE might choke on this trailing comma, so just remove it ;)

hashTags : false,});

# February 21, 2013 at 12:03 pm

jiminy cricket, are you kidding me??!!!??? wow, thank you very much guys. I can’t believe that’s all it was. I probably should have tried messing with the order of things a long time ago.

Again, thanks for the help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed