Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problems reading css from a windows server !!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi there, a really need some help!

I’m having a problem that a can’t fully understand…

I have a site on a Linux Server that works fine in all browsers (IE8; IE9; Firefox3; Firefox4; Chrome; Safari) with the same look… If i test locally, it still works fine in all brw… Yesterday I switched to an Windows Server, and for my surprise, the problems started. Everything works fine in IE9; Firefox3; Firefox4; Chrome; Safari; but in IE8 is brakes the design via css read (i think)… The footer comes up… the font size changes… something happens to the div’s (margins or paddings)…

Correct me if i’m wrong, but shouldn’t the data be read in the client browser ??? What is the server’s influence ???

I really need to sold this one quickly.

Thanks a lot !

Best regards

Daniel

TheDoc

I don’t think the server is having any influence on the problem. Do you have a link?

Hi,thanks for the comment. I found a solution… the document mode was being transformed by the server into IE7 emulation… Don’t know why…
    I used IE9 preview software so debug the page in both server and realised that difference…
    Thanks anyway .
    Regards
    Daniel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.