Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Problems newest release google chrome 23.0.1271.64 on mac?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    strages

Hi there,

anyone else experiencing problems on mac with latest chrome stable? suddenly my sticky nav doesnt work right anymore if its combined with flexslider.

it works in every other browser though and it did work…
    so frustrating

TheDoc

What are you experiencing? There were some problems with fixed elements not being rendered properly while scrolling.

strages

erhm that’s like exactly it.

what happens at the moment is the following:

my sticky nav isn’t immidiately sticky. it becomes sticky whenever the top of the window reaches a certain element. Then it becomes sticky. at that moment it dissapears and becomes weird. until i reach the element where my flexslider resides in. there it reappers to be followed by redisappearing when I end scrolling over it.

oh and when i scroll up my wbesite isn’t rendered correctly anymore.. example white where it shouldn’t be white etc

is there a solution.. and where did you find the information about errors with fixed elements?

TheDoc

There are a few mentions of it here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/

If it works in all other browsers it’s likely just a Chrome issue that I believe they’ve put a fix in for, or are working on one.

In the mean time, you can add this little hack to any fixed element that you’re seeing the issue on:

-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden; // fixes poor scrolling in Chrome

strages

You are my new FAV person!

strages

mmh.. still have one issue.. i got a background at the top that is hidden behind another element which has a background-attachement: fixed;
    I cannot use the same trick for that one and it becomes white when I am scrolling back up when i went past my sticky nav.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.