Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problems implementing a footer on my site – text goes weirdddd!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alexbass
    Participant

I was adding a footer to my website, but the text jumps about a thousand pixels below the actual div!
    There is only the ‘©’ left at the very right, then all the text goes down loads, even though the div is 1000px wide. I’ve had this problem with some of my other sites, I have no idea what’s up with it. I tried adding a CSS reset, but it did no good.

Also, when I set the position to relative and put the amount of space I wanted and it appeared right at the top! WTF!

link: http://aplprofessional.co.uk/about.html

What is up with it?!

Thanks

mwdewitt

Did you clear your floating divs?

alexbass
    Participant

No! What does that mean? I’ve never come across that (I sound pretty stupid now I bet…)

mwdewitt

Okay, I am fairly new to coding, so I might be way off on how to fix this, but try this: in your CSS document that is controlling all the styles, put this code in there:

.clear {
    clear: both;
    }

Now, go into your HTML file and inside the main div that is wrapping all your other divs, put this at the end (before the final closing div tag):

Like I said, I might be wrong, but whenever something like this is happening, people always say to clear your floats. I apologize if this does not help.

alexbass
    Participant

Thanks to both of you, Wolfcry911 – that was a really detailed explanation, thanks :)
    Yeah, I’m not new at all to HTML or CSS, but I have never come across ‘clear:both;’ :/

Thanks again :-)

PS. I’ll work on the positioning/margins!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.