Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problems applying css drop shadows to WordPress (twentyeleven) widgets.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Saggi

Hi,

As the title says, I´m trying to apply these drop-shadows effect I found at Nicholas Gallagher´s website( http://nicolasgallagher.com/css-drop-shadows-without-images/ )to every widget box on my “Powered by wordpress & Twenty Eleven” blog but I am not able to find the correct position for the shadows, I´m trying to do it by editing the “.widget” (also adding .widget:before and .widget:after ) section right under

/* =Widgets

*/

on the theme´s style.css

Any clues about accomplishing this task?

Thanks for your help.

chrisburton
    Participant

Copied directly from his website: http://jsfiddle.net/95dhU/

Saggi

I truly appreciate your reply thank you but did you tried your suggestion on a wordpress blog?

I added the drop-shadow class to widgets through functions.php and now z-index seems to be the problematic part because when it´s set as -1 I can´t see no changes at all, and when I set to higher values I´ll see the shadows overlapping the widget box.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Saggi.

chrisburton
    Participant

set .widgets to z-index:2 and .drop-shadow to z-index: 1

Saggi

Thanks but still not working as shadows are still overlapping the widget, I have everything set up like this:

So I thought that it was because the aside tag contained both classes .widget and .drop-shadow so I also tried reformatting it to:

Widget content.

But the results were the same.

Regards,
    Saggi.

chrisburton
    Participant

Make sure it’s applied so I can debug. Link?

Saggi

Sure, website is still in progress so it won´t affect anybody.
    test blog
    Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Saggi.

chrisburton
    Participant

Hmm..I would say something else is the cause.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.