Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem zooming a responsive page in smartphones

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gussiglo21
    Participant

Dear Sirs I’m new in this forum. I’m not english speaker and I will try to explain my problem in the better way I can.

I’m designing my first responsive website using CSS. Until now the things are going slow but fine.

My first test page is responding correctly in all widths of the desktop browsers, including narrowing them until its smaller width. After this I loaded the page in my NOKIA 5800 smartphone that uses Symbian.

My main problem is the following:

The test page is loaded correctly and when I rotate the phone, the page adapts it internal elements to the new width. It is fine, BUT……… when i zoom the page (double clicking on the screen), the page is zoomed and the browser narrows again the internal elements to the new more narrow width and I dont want the page be responsive in zoom. I want the elements only be zoomed when I zoom the page. Am I explaining correctly? My page appears to be so much responsive!!!!! :)

In other words…. even the page adapts the DIVs (etc) at the more narrow width on desktop browsers, the problem is when I zoom in smaller screens (smartphone), because some elements are additionally narrowed and it is so much .

Are there some way in CSS to avoid the responsive effect when I zoom???

I hope I have explained this issue clearly so that someone can help me. Thank you in advance. GusSiglo21

Paulie_D

A link to the page would be helpful.

gussiglo21
    Participant

Hi Paulie

Link: http://www.gussenterprise.com/prueba/index.html

The page have some generic DIVs that represents thirds, fourths etc,
    Please look the page in its “normal” view and then the zoom. Specially the header (that is fixed in its position), the header “suffers” more the effect of the zoom.

Thank you!!!!!! Hope you can help me.
    Best regards
    GusSiglo21

gussiglo21
    Participant

I tried using
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no”>
    But the page is yet responsive when scaling (zooming) in my Nokia 5800 Symbian!!!!!!!

It is not working and in many pages I found this meta tag as recommendation

I want the elements only be zoomed when I zoom the page. I dont want the page be respnsive anter zooming.
    I think I will cry!!!! or change my smartphone :)

Please help!!!!!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.