Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Problem with WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ricky55

Hi
    One of my clients WordPress powered website was hacked into last week. I say hacked into it seems the only thing that they changed was the index.php file.
    The theme was actually created by a developer who I no longer work with. I’m just starting to get familiar with WordPress myself and I don’t really know PHP that well.
    After this hack I looked into some of the security measures I should be taking. One of them was to rename all the database tables from wp_ to something bespoke. Seemed sensible so I did it.
    The site is still working but certain pages that use posts no longer display at all.
    I’ve tried everything I can think of with my limited knowledge but still no joy.
    I did following some instructions, so I changed the wp config file all DB tables and a few other entries.
    I do have a backup but its not bang up to date and I’d ideally like to keep the new database prefix.
    Is there anything in the theme that you guys can think of that could be dependant on the wp_ database table prefix?
    Any other ideas?
    I’ve checked the DB and everything seems to have been renamed correctly.
    The website is http://www.whiteghyll.co.uk/ its the news and case studies that are not working.
    All the posts are readable from the backend and if I click to view a post from within the backend it opens. I also created a test page, I ran a few queries on posts and they displayed okay.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Richard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.