Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Problem with translateX on iOS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steven Gardner
    Participant

Hi,

I have designed a WordPress theme (Eryn) that uses TranslateX to slide in & out the search/Navigation panels. Everything works fine on most browsers and devices except portrait view on iPad Mini (780 x 1024). On this view the panels are expanded by default. Debugging is hard because it works fine on desktop browsers.

Can you take a quick look and let me know if you spot anything obvious that I can fix. I’m tearing my hair out with this.

Here is the demo site for reference:

http://www.templateexpress.com/eryn

Shikkediel
    Participant

Does it only happen on portrait view? Looks like it’s missing the CSS prefix at least – adding -webkit-transform: translateX(100%) on line 909 of style.css should generally solve it.

Senff
    Participant

It actually works fine on iPhone (both Safari and Chrome) so I’m not sure if you already fixed it.

Having said that, there seems to be a typo on line 1651 of style.css:

-webkit-transform: translatX(-100%);

Should be:

-webkit-transform: translateX(-100%);

Shikkediel
    Participant

Nice catch. But how very odd, I see the CSS I mentioned before in the stylesheet but it’s not showing in dev tools (like it usually would).

Edit – must be a new thing on Firefox (not an improvement, I think).

Senff
    Participant
    Shikkediel
    Participant

Yes, but not a stricken out webkit prefixed rule anymore like there used to be (while it’s there in the stylesheet)…

Senff
    Participant

Oh! You mean it’s just not visible in the debugger, instead of being visible with strikethrough. Yea that’s kinda weird.

“Firefox: Not Improving Since 2011!”

Steven Gardner
    Participant

Brilliant!

Thanks So much for taking the time to look at this and pick up on a spelling error. I’ve been looking at this so long I never spotted it.

What a relief!

Thanks again!!

Steven :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.