Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem with right menu item

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    triplebit
    Participant

My website url is: http://www.moshelevi.triplebit.com
    Problem is that in the right menu item there is an ugly gap between the item and its background in its right side. Worth is that on different browsers it shows up differently.
    Can someone advise please?
    Regards
    Triplebit

Atelierbram
    Participant

My advise would be:

In the CSS, cut the background-image that is now on the div .menu wrapper, and put it on the nav ul (prevent it from collapsing by letting it float):

#access ul {
    background: url(images/menu-bg.png) repeat-x;
    float: left;
    }

Now there is no need anymore for the width declaration on line 38 that overrides the one on 31,

.menu {
    /* width: 636px; */
    }

for now the background only stretches ‘as far as where the ul list goes’. (Separating aesthetic and structural concerns in this way).

If you don’t mind, I would also advice checking the HTML markup with W3C’s validator, for some of the markup errors will lead to inconsistencies in different browsers, like nesting p in span tags, forgetting to close </div> ‘s etc.

Paulie_D

Why do you have two menus?

That’s a very odd menu structure.

Atelierbram
    Participant

@Paulie_D

Also did noticed the first home-item having it’s own list, which is odd. But then working with Magento is like running around like crazy in a labyrinth, while being attacked by aliens. Or is this WordPress? …, oh never mind then … :|

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.