Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End problem with making a profile page …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Raiden

hey guyz im making a project on my own and im now trying to make a user profile page there seems to be some trouble im running into … so here is the problem… at the time of registering onto the site i used the users email to be unique and for the login stuff … what im trying to do is that when a user clicks on another users name their profile page pops up and shows the clicked users profile … ive been thinking a lot today but came up with no result … note: the reason why im having trouble is that there can be more then one user with the same name, its the email that differentiates them, i have a shout box in which the user names are displayed as links so anyone can click on the username and view their profile … so the area of problem is that, lets say i click a users name “JHON” how would my site know which jhon to pull up … im kind of tangled up here… any help would be greatly appreciated thanks :)

chrisburton
    Participant

Use a unique ID for each user so when you click “john” it registers as something like id_123

chrisburton
    Participant

Agree with @TT_Mark

Raiden

thnx for the idea Chris, i tried it and it worked :) … how would i do what TT_Mark said ???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.