Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem with Columns

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mintertweed
    Participant

Edit: The problem is sort of fixed, but not in a very elegant way. Please read my second post on this thread. Thank you.

I am having some difficulty with getting the result I want with automated columns, here. Basically, I want to have two columns. The first one will have Contact, Address, Cell, and Social Networks. The second column will have Biography and Curriculum Vitae. But no matter what I do, “Biography” keeps rushing over to the first column even though the social network buttons appear first in the HTML. How do I make it so the social network buttons are at the base of the first column and the second column begins with Biography? Thank you in advance! This has been annoying me for most of the day.

wolfcry911
    Participant

remove the margins (or keep a bottom 10px margin like the p)

add clear: left; to the h2

done

jurotek
    Participant

@joshuanhibbert, it’s been a while since I read you article first time and it got me hooked on inline-block thing. Since then I completely stopped using floats with exception of img. Made my life lot easier. And as far as white pace: There’s so many different ways to deal with it and sometimes I don’t even bother with it if I need space between elements.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.