Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Problem with background image

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Frosty16

Hey guys so I have nearly all of this site done just need a few tweaks here and there. When i try to add a background image it adds over the entire page and through the text and images. How do i set it so that it will be only at the sides ? Ill post the code I’m using and a screenshot below of the problem.

Thanks
    jwp8viXoO2way.png

Code:
    chrisjg

From the image it looks like you have the default CSS for the body, or whatever you are calling the container (fish tank, perhaps), is set to transparent. Use “inspect element” on your page from your browser (right click, select “inspect element” in chrome) you will be able to see what CSS is acting on which elements. Start at the body element CSS and add background: pink;

Work from there down until you find the element you don’t want to be transparent.

I would question the use of a large background image if you are planning on covering most of it up – you will slow the page load for no real gain. Use a gradient background in the html element and you will get a nice effect without the overhead.

Chris.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.