Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Pretty Sublime!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

one verrrrrrrrry bad think about sublime is that it doesn’t support FTP! there is a veeeeeeery complicated [Plugin](http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control “Sublime SFTP Plugin”) about SFTP. how can i install this only FTP plugin for Sublime?!
    PS: are there any other FTP plugins for sublime?

DADE
    Participant

Why it’s complicated? I mean all you need is open config file, write

type – ftp or sftp

host – your ftp host

user – your ftp username

pw – your ftp password

path – what folder you want to take files from

And that’s all. If you want upload files automatically after saving them, use “upload_on_save”. I don’t understand what can be easier? :)

thanks @DADE you are right but first you should install it! how can i install that? and where is config file?

DADE
    Participant

1. open console (ctrl+~) and type:

import urllib2,os;pf=’Package Control.sublime-package’;ipp=sublime.installed_packages_path();os.makedirs(ipp) if not os.path.exists(ipp) else None;open(os.path.join(ipp,pf),’wb’).write(urllib2.urlopen(‘http://sublime.wbond.net/’+pf.replace(‘ ‘,’%20’)).read())

2. Press enter, it will enable package control.

3. Restart sublime

4. Go to Preferences – Package Control

5. type: Install package

6. type: SFTP

7. Open folder you want to use for FTP files.

8. Right click it – SFTP/FTP – Map To Remote – here’s your config file.

or you can download archive and extract it to %appdata%/Sublime Text 2/Packages folder.

thanks very much @DADE but here is my problems:

1. when i do **step 1** of yours i get: *ImportError: No module named ‘urllib2’*

2.there is no **Package Control** item in Preferences

DADE
    Participant

You are using Sublime 3? There won’t be any package control button untill step 1 will be done.

did i mentione i use ST3?! yes i do use ST3! Sorry i forgot that

DADE
    Participant

Okay, here’s what you can do. If you don’t really need package controll just download SFTP archive from their webpage and extract it to %appdata%/Sublime Text 2/Packages folder.

If you need package controll the only way you can install it is via git.
    Here’s what you need to do:

cd Packages/
    git clone https://github.com/wbond/sublime_package_control.git “Package Control”
    cd “Package Control”
    git checkout python3

ok, lots of bugs and bad support for ST3 i think i should install ST2 and use your instructions @DADE. thanks for your help. it was very helpful

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.