Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Post sub pages on the Index page in WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jtbixler

I am making a theme for my website and I want to have a project a section on the main page. I use wordpress for the backend and I want to have the sub projects of the project age show up in that section.
    An example of the hierarchy:

Index page
    Projects Page
    Sub project1
    Sub Project2

I want the sub projects to show up on the main page as well as the project page. This is my first wordpress theme and I don’t really know what I am doing. Any help is appreciated

Ranger

I’m assuming you have created a page called "projects page" or something like that, the link to the page should show up in your listed pages in the sidebar, or whereever you put them. If you create another page called "sub project1" or whatever, before you publish the page go to the right, and there is a drop down menu where you can define that page’s parent. in this case you would probably want the projects page as the parent. from that point on the sub project link should be shown as a sub page of project page. I think befault all child pages or subpages are displayed in the nav, or listed pages.
    I have mine set up so the sub pages are only displayed on their parent pages, and not the main page.
    that was kind of wordy, but does that help at all?

jtbixler

I hard-coded my navigation. I don’t have a sidebar either. I am hard-coding most of it but I want this to be one of the few things that is dynamically updated. I can post a screen shot tomorrow. And the hierarchy didn’t translate over. It is supposed to be indented.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.