Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Positioning text and pictures in CSS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    slaggsten

Hey everyone!

I recently made my own wordpress site and need som help!

I am trying to position som text and a picture of myself like on this website: http://www.billykick.com

At the moment my website looks like this: Anton.stallbacka.com

I am starting to get the absolute and realative positioning but can’t figure it out anyway. Any suggestions? :-)

Kuzyo
    Participant

why use absolute position? You can make it with **float: left;** for image or **float: right;** for text but dont forget about clearfix for container in your case it #page

dgriesel
    Participant

BTW: 3.5MB background-image?

If you split the header into a JPEG background-image (the kangaroo) and a PNG for the text and the overlay at the bottom, you will be able to reduce the size a lot

slaggsten

About the headr/footer and text, yeah i know ;) just have this for now, until i’ve fixed the basics.

So, I am using absolute in order for the hover effect on the picture to work. But maybe i should skip that for now. Would i write for example .entry-content img {
    position:realative;
    top:blahblah;
    left:blahblah;
    float:left;
    }

to fix the picture and

.entry-content {
    float:right;
    }

to fix the text? isn’t there any more specific than .entry-content to target only the text?

What do you mean about the: dont forget about clearfix for container in your case it #page. I’m a newbie ;-)

slaggsten

About the headr/footer and text, yeah i know ;) just have this for now, until i’ve fixed the basics.

So, I am using absolute in order for the hover effect on the picture to work. But maybe i should skip that for now. Would i write for example .entry-content img {
    float:left;
    }

to fix the picture and

.entry-content {
    float:right;
    }

to fix the text? isn’t there any more specific than .entry-content to target only the text?

What do you mean about the: dont forget about clearfix for container in your case it #page. I’m a newbie ;-)

slaggsten

oh cant get the code right.. anyway you get what i mean ?

Kuzyo
    Participant

if you are going to use float you don’t have to use absolute position. Here is greate article https://css-tricks.com/all-about-floats/
    Add **float: left;** to img and than add some **margin-left** for text

slaggsten

to fix the text? isn’t there any more specific than .entry-content to target only the text? Chaning the position of .entry-content will also affect the picture since they are both content of the same post

Kuzyo
    Participant

Do you want photo to left and text to right like one post? if Yes try what I said remove position absolute from img and set float: left; instead

slaggsten

But with position:relative the hover effect wont work properly. Take a look now, all is good. But now the image’s top is cut, can’t find the reason. I will change and image-sizes and also make the text real text and not a picture. But i will save stuff like this till later :-) Thanks for fast response! So any idea why the picture is cut? and what does “but dont forget about clearfix for container in your case it #page” mean, that kuzyo told me earlier ?

slaggsten

ok thanks, But would overflow:visible; work ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.