Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS positioning positioning…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ylex1
    Participant

Hi guys I have a problem

I have a centered layout with a navigation bar in it, in the navigation I have the logo which is the home link and to the right side the navigation links, they are both floated to the left because I need them to be in the same line, but the problem is that when I make the window smaller the navigation bar colapses to fit into the window and I don’t want that I want it to stay the way it is acording to the container width but when I assign a position to the elements the logo and the nav links they become block level and each one take a different line and when I give them an inline display the whole interface cracks.

I hope you can help me, and do you know anny positioning tutorial an indepth one
    cause I can’t get my head around it

soap
    Participant

use min-width

jacorre
    Participant

Take a look at my tutorial on absolute positioning. May help with what you’re looking to do. I use absolute positioning alot for placing logos and navigation in the header of a site.

targetmodel

right , dude show us your code

ylex1
    Participant

hey thanks everybody I solved it! this is the website that I’m working on http://www.cetem.com.mx

Hi,
    Most of the developers made mistake like this, its not an big issue just use

position:fixed;

to the css and check using firebug

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.