Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Positioning elements and Media Queries (Ouch)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, this is my site:
    http://alpizano.com/index.php

I’ve been using the CSS grid and I was wondering if it is the standard to position elements like images or text (i.e. h1) using margin? That’s how I positioned basically all my elements if you look at my index.php. I use the grid to set the containers, like .header-img and .header-txt and .links (for the menu) and everything is usually shittily aligned so I have to use margins.

Is this the proper way to do it? It takes F****ing forever. Also, if i try doing like position: relative or absolute, the images or text will jump out the container (out of the flow, which I know is a property of absolute) and its super f****ing annoying.

Is there any easier way to do this? Doing the media queries and setting manual pixel/rem/em margins takes so many goddamn hours and I”m not even a webdesigner AND Then if I view it on mobile its utter dog shit, so I get it perfect for mobile and then check tablet 768px size and its utter dog shit there…..

…I need a better method… please help or recommend me any youtube videos/tutorials, because I can make the sites creative wise- thats simple, but Im so bad with dimensions and never know when to set concrete pixels widths/heights or when to use percentages (or fractions in the CSS grid case).

Help :(

Paulie_D

Without knowing what the specific issues are it’s hard to help.

Also working with a link makes this a little hard.

A minimal demo of one specific issue, ideally in Codepen.io would be much more helpful.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.