Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS positioning after using Transforms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    carinlynchin
    Participant

I have a code sample here:

http://codepen.io/carinlynchin/pen/eNmYqr

essentially the one larger photo i want it to be centered in the page… It looks like its centered on my screen but after placing it into codepen (where the ratio is different) i realized it isn’t really centered. Not only that, but even if you were to change the views to where the display is on the left side in codepen … it looks centered…but then the right side is overlapping. I have read everywhere ( i feel like I looked everywhere) for an answer to this ignoring-the-z-index issue but I dunno if I’m just brain tired at this point or I’m missing it but I just want to pull this one photo out of the flow of EVERYTHING…and zindex it to the top and center. Any suggestions?

Paulie_D

I’m not sure what you are trying to do.

If the image is supposed to be centered why do you have it in the ‘wall’ in the first place?

carinlynchin
    Participant

so pretty much the intention is that the photos are on the wall…but through some interaction, they come off the wall and grow and center to the middle of the screen, then they will animate back into place. SO that is the intention…i just can’t get it out of its transitioned parent the correct way, and when I get close, the right side overlaps it. No matter the z-index i give it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.