Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other portfolio site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    smurk03

I’m a freelance designer, yet I don’t have my own website. Anymore. I took it down last summer to re-design it and it has been sitting ever since. I shamefully just direct clients and potential employers to my behance portfolio. This would be fine, if I didn’t call myself a web designer. A web designer NEEDS a website.

The problem is, whenever I begin looking for inspiration (note: Googling "web design inspiration" is a bad, bad, bad idea) I become so completely overwhelmed with ideas that I end up right back where I began… or worse… and my website goes straight back to the bottom of the to-do list. All I have so far is this:

1. I like vintage styles and textures (circa 1940s-50s).
    2. I have a logo. It’s pink and kind of vintage-looking, but I’m not married to the color… and maybe not even to it. Helpful, I know.
    3. I don’t want my portfolio to look like everyone else’s.

So where do you guys go for inspiration? How do I take my short list of what I do know, and transform it into a Super Awesome Portfolio Website? I am so unbelievably stuck, so any suggestions offered would be greatly appreciated. :)

smurk03

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions, guys!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.