Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Portfolio Pieces – Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thadley
    Participant

Hey everybody!

I got a quick question! Since I’m just starting out in the web industry and only have like two portfolio pieces, is it a good thing to just create website themes in either a photoshop document or HTML file to show people who visit my site what I can do? This would obviously just be temporary and until I actually get some portfolio pieces.

It seems like it would be a good idea so I thought I would simply ask for other opinions on the matter.

Let me know perhaps what else I could do aswell.

Thanks a bunch!

chrisburton
    Participant

That’s perfectly fine

Thadley
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton Thanks, I just wasn’t sure if that would be deemed ok!

@Adman And by responsive theme you mean when you would resize the browser window say to 480px or whatever the dimension of an iPhone say, the layout of the website would change and the content would alter position? If that’s what you mean, I can surely try to make some like that!

chrisburton
    Participant

Use media queries for that.

Thadley
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton I knew media queries were involved to make that work but since I have never done that, it will be a learning experience. Assuming I understand it, it will definitely be a useful thing to have under my belt!

chrisburton
    Participant

@Thadley – You’ll be surprised how easy it is to learn.

Thadley
    Participant

@ChristopherBurton Then I’m looking forward to it :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.