Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Portfolio Featured Images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PixelPascal
    Participant

Hello,

Om this page: http://www.pixeldesigns.nl/portfolio/ all the featured images (logo’s) are coming back in the portfolio category after clicking on a category. I am looking for a way to remove them in the category part.

I like to see alle the logo’s like dimgrey on lightgrey in the portfolio area. After clicking on a category i want to see the logo in color. This should be another image of the logo now with the colors.

Thanks in advance!

Pascal.

Atelierbram
    Participant

… all the featured images (logo’s) are coming back in the portfolio category after clicking on a category.

This is what is commonly referred to as filtering (with javascript)

I am looking for a way to remove them in the category part.

So?

I like to see alle the logo’s like dimgrey on lightgrey in the portfolio area. After clicking on a category i want to see the logo in color.

You may want to search for CSS-Filters

This should be another image of the logo now with the colors.

You could use a so called “sprite-image”, but doing it with css-filters one can use just the one image

PixelPascal
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am looking for a way to exclude the featured images from the portfolio categories.

Thanks!

Atelierbram
    Participant

Sorry but you have to spell it out for me here, I’m confused: which images exactly do you mean by featured images …,

PixelPascal
    Participant

Hi,

The images on this page http://www.pixeldesigns.nl/portfolio

These images should stay there. But not coming back in the gallery of the portfolio category.

In other words, if you click on a logo a gallery will be shown with a masonry layout. You’ll see that the featured image is coming back there. And i like to disable this.

Thank you in advance !

Atelierbram
    Participant

Only now do I truly understand what you mean, so well, targeting the parent div and setting display: none will not work, for Masonry has everything absolute positioned, so that will leave a gap. This leaves you with two options: either javascript or PHP. With javascript, combined with Masonry, maybe set an id on that featured image parent container, and then use the :not() selector to exclude it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.