Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Portfolio and blog {Critique please}

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jerm993

Well, I’ve been working on this for a while now but i think I’ve finally got most of the kinks worked out, It’s very near complete. The Site will be used as a blog and portfolio for myself, however as I am just getting started in the industry the Portfolio is a little bit bare :P, hopefully i can change that in the near future. Things to finish include the comments and comment styling, possible rss feed for the blog and lastly a project to bump things along…

Tell me what you think, Be that devil’s Advocate, i wont cry :cry:.
    http://www.jeremycarlsten.com

Thanks,
    Jeremy Carlsten

Jerm993

Wow, Just realized i jumped the gun a little bit. Haven’t done much testing in browsers other then chrome, bear with me folks.

Update: IE Doesn’t look that great but i think i’ve got it fixed only a few minor things

doobie

I like it. The background isn’t too in your face; obvious, but not obnoxious.

You have an overflow problem with your main nav. You either need to tone down the shadow, or move the nav element to the left 3px (at least in FF 3.6.8 on a mac).

Jerm993

yeah i’m still working out some ‘flow’ issues, on smaller resolutions the contact form is pushed down below everything, I can’t get it to take up the 200 or so pixels to the left of it.

I gave the nav a bit of padding on the right side, can you explain more of what the issue is you’re having?

doobie

You had a horizontal scroll bar that scrolls 3 pixels for no apparent reason. The text-shadow on the nav items was overflowing the view port, causing the scroll bar.

Jerm993

i added the padding did it fix it

ruderic

I would apply a "sticky footer" technique, so the footer always stays at the bottom of the page.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.