The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

plugin problems

• # January 3, 2013 at 11:34 am

I added a code verification plugin to a comment form but the text area is quite a few pixels off from where it should be over the box image.
    see here (scroll down to form)

I don’t have much experience editing plugins so I’m not sure how to do this one. Any hints?

# January 3, 2013 at 11:41 am

Or, are there any other code verification plugins anyone would suggest?

# January 3, 2013 at 11:42 am

I imagine you’re able to edit the CSS for this input box.

margin-top: -22px;
    margin-left: 5px;

Not exactly the best way to have it all aligned but I’m just basing that on the CSS you’re already using.

# January 3, 2013 at 12:09 pm

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Probably something to do with the way your CSS formats the “input” class throughout your entire site. If the “input” class is styled globally (Using “input {” instead of “.class input {” or “input.class {“), this could be affecting it, given then styles provided for the input included with the plugin. (Or could be overriding the style)

I added this just through console to the input:

Originally it was:

margin-top: 2px;
    margin-left: 14px;

I changed it too:

margin-top: -23px;
    margin-left: 5px;

This to work, however, would require you possibly modifying the plugins CSS, and possibly the Javascript code to add a class specific to that input.

# January 3, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I got it worked out. Thanks guys. @JamesMD and @andy_unleash You were both right. I just haven’t edited much JS. So, it was a good learning experience. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed