Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Please suggest a book for PHP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    daredanger
    Participant

My knowledge of PHP is starting level. Please suggest a book for learning PHP.

daredanger
    Participant

@JoshWhite …. which framework did you use?

there’s Php & MySql development by Luke Welling but it’s a bit dated (2008)
    Apress has just released a new version of Php & mysql from novice to professional.
    You could also check out the Php Live course at sitepoint. Actually the videos are available on the sitepoint youtube channel for free.

daredanger
    Participant

@PaulDeWouters …. thanks for suggesting sitepoint videos….i’ll go through them

guiniveretoo

I’ve been going through PHP Solutions: Dynamic Web Design Made Easy by David Powers. It’s a second edition for PHP5. I feel like I’ve been learning a lot, and have had to stop and re-work some of my existing sites using the techniques he teaches.

Occasionally I’ve been concerned with examples and code he builds – he doesn’t cover all the safety checks you could use in validating forms, for example, and sometimes doesn’t even mention concerns like that. But overall, it’s been a fantastic learning tool, and probably will stay on my shelf as a reference for a long time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.