Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Please Review My Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    TheDoc

While I have no immediate qualms with the design (although it certainly doesn’t scream "creative"), I have a major problem with the copy that has been written.

Quote:
    Project execution starts from vision. It is really important for a company to envision output practically and precisely. We envision the product or strategy and efficiently convey it to our client to integrate technology to maximize synergy for the business. Strategy definition and systematic execution plays important role in the complete project execution. Plaveb has an innovative and practical set of methodologies that will cater to your needs precisely.

That is just ridiculous. Half the people won’t even know what you’re saying. You have paragraphs and paragraphs throughout the site, but none of it really explains anything. It’s just fancy gibberish.

Get straight and to the point.

theplastickid
    Participant
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    Half the people won’t even know what you’re saying. You have paragraphs and paragraphs throughout the site, but none of it really explains anything. It’s just fancy gibberish.

Get straight and to the point.

I have to agree.

friendofpugs

My critique is sorta similar – there’s both too much and not enough content. Great, things slide around the page and the Flash works, but you have too much content on your homepage. Nobody’s going to read all that stuff – your visitor will be overloaded and won’t know where to start. You don’t have enough simple calls to action, blurbs that allow your visitor to quickly determine what you do and if you’re the company to do it for them.
    I think the style sheet switcher is superfluous. Also, your paragraphs are stretched out and are hard to read- take off that text-align: justify and things immediately look better.
    So, pare it down, simplify, and sell what you do well. You can’t do everything well, but sell what you do well.
    Hope that helps!

soap
    Participant

just hit ’em with a quick "this is what we do, this is why you should hire us" in a few sentences. big and in your face.

leave the big paragraphs to pages which aren’t the front page.

yes, you should dumb it down a bit. i read some of that and i have no idea what you’re talking about or what you do.

that’s my $0.02

I totally agree with the rest of you. Even though the site design looks very nice with a professional look but it has toooo much fancy content in the homepage itself. Everyone is very busy and people don’t have time to read so much in the home page itself, unless its a blog. Generally when people come to your site, you have around 10 seconds to catch their attention and convey what the site is about.

One more thing I would like to point out is the accordion in the middle. When we scroll over it, the text appears after the animation is completed. In my opinion, it should be uncovered as the accordion slides away. What do you guys suggest?

@TheDoc
    : I have been away from the forums for quite some time now because of university exams. Nice to see you have become a mod here!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.