Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Please help me with some css

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eduard

Guys what do you think it is possible to achieve this only with css? Right now I’m using an image to achieve this. Basically I have a hr tag and I want to use this [effect](http://beyzabranding.com/coreFiles/wp-content/themes/beyza-branding/images/aston_martin/hr.png “effect”).

Right now my css for the styling is this piece of code:
    hr {
    background-image: url(“../images/aston_martin/hr.png”);
    background-color: transparent;
    height: 43px;
    }

Any help it will be much appreciated.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

You can do it with CSS only, but it will not be supported by all browsers. I’d recommand using a data:url encoded image in your stylesheet.

Eduard

Hi Hugo, thank a lot, can you please point out some link about this, or can you give me some codepen codes? or something as an example?

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant

The problem of your solution is that you do an extra HTTP request, which is as you may know, “bad” for performance. You have then 4 solutions to deal with your problem:

_ leave it as is; an extra HTTP request is no big deal even if it’s not optimized
    _ include your image in a sprite with your other background images, and position it accordingly
    _ [convert](http://dataurl.net/#dataurlmaker) your image into an encoded image in your CSS
    _ use pure CSS to do so, making sure to provide a decent fallback for unsupported browsers

Eduard

I really don’t want to use image, cause as you can see the oblique part is very bad quality, I don’t know why, I created the image in Photoshop, and that oblique line is just rotated with almost 45 degree or something. I was thinking in using pseudo elements, but I have failed to do so.

Eduard

Hugo, after a close inspection and some reading, I will decide to use data:url encoded image in my css. It’s really amazing. So thank you so much for this. Have a great day. Cheers.

Kitty Giraudel
    Participant
    Eduard

Thank a lot you’re a STAR.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.