Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS please help. i wrecked my site!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    silverlulu
    Participant

hi, i have been working on this website and everything was looking good, but i must have made a mistake with something, and now its only displaying the the header.

http://bv.convertwebtraffic.com.au/

i have gone through the files but can’t see where the error is. i am working off the twenty eleven theme and i am completley lost as to how to fix it.

please can someone help me fix this? i would really appreciate it

it is supposed to display the navigation bar, then the image slider is to the left with a sidebar on the right and footer. for some reason when i look in firebug its saying that all the structure is there, but my css could be stopping it showing properly? could this be a simple css error because i haven’t closed off a line of code?

thanks in advance

Hi silverlulu,

I took a quick peek at your website and couldn’t immediately see what was going on. But, what I do in those kinds of situations is to try and pin down where the error is. You can try opening your CSS file and take out the bottom half of the file (save a backup obviously =D ) and refresh. If that fixes the problem, you know the problem is in the half you removed.

From there, rinse and repeat this process of taking out chunks of your CSS until you find the rule/rules that are causing the error. Hope that helps you get it figured out!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lol, @RobbyMcCullough, that’s actually a pretty good tip!

bhagavan
    Participant

Hi Buddy
    First you should look at css file for lot of display nones at header, footer etc..
    http://bv.convertwebtraffic.com.au/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven/style.css

TheDoc

Hmmmmm. Something is definitely broken but I can’t seem to find it.

Senff
    Participant

Your secondary block doesn’t show because it has class “widget-area” which is set to display:none;.

The footer doesn’t show because it has id “colophon” which is set to display:none;.

Not sure if that’s where you’re stuck but you might want to start looking there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.