Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS please critique

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    amyth91
    Participant
    http://amitashokkamble.com

the site is still under construction. let me know, if the design and colours is ok. and i am trying to foot a footer, but everytime i try, the footer just pop’s over the whole stuff, it just does not stay at the bottom, can you also help with that.

WCMiller

Initial Impressions:

• I like the grey/white monochrome look, very classy
    • However, I think the more playful font choice clashes with that classiness. I’d suggest something more “serious”, or change to something a little more colorful (maybe a light blue and white scheme?)
    • The hand-written “Amit” is nice, but I think it’s a bit big. I’d suggest shrinking it so that your picture can float up next to it, and have the your description sit comfortably underneath it.
    • Speaking of the picture, it seems like the background was pulled out with the magic wand tool, and that left some serious artifacts in the image. It looks a little bit… broken, if that makes sense.
    • I’m not a huge fan of the “glow effect” you have going. Not because the idea is bad, but the adjacent divs sort of “shadow” it. You might try putting the glow on the text itself. I made a quick jsFiddle to show what I mean.
    • On the portfolio page, I saw that you had several items on the right in grey boxes that looked like links. I presume they’re supposed to be links to other portfolio pieces, and they just haven’t been finished. Is that accurate?

These are just my first impressions.

As for the footer issue, it sounds like you’re saying you’re trying to develop a sticky footer. Is that right? And is that what the black bar on the top of the page is supposed to be?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.