Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Please Critique My Website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mevaser
    Participant

I am working on this website, and I would like people to criticize it.

http://bit.ly/L6r1tu

Opinions, with possible solutions (if you think something should change).

Thanks,

JoshWhite

I like the use of colors in the menu – very nice. I think it’s nice and clean overall.

Here are some of my observations:

I would add some margins to the footer-w p class. Everything is bunching up and it needs some spacing.

You seem to have a different menu showing up under “suppliers” versus the rest of the site, which is showing all the navigation at once. I also wonder if you even need the left side menu. Generally in page menus offer additional choices not available in the drop down navigation. Since they are complete mirror images I would say you may want to use that space for the content.

On the homepage:

Get some padding on the top of the content area where you have news coming in. The slider is ending to the pixel where the content starts.

Which slider are you using? I’m wondering if it’s one of the native settings that’s causing the delay in the gray box from showing. It just stays off the page and then all of a sudden it pops in.

The slider images (the ones in the background, such as buildings, or starbucks) are far too large. The buildings one is 540k. I’d say at least drop those down into the 100k range if at all possible.

mevaser
    Participant

Awesome comments, you know the extra nav, is weird, but it is the website’s owner choice!

I will fix the content area, that is exactly what I thought.

The nav is Slider PRO – WordPress, which I combined with jQuery Method from https://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page-background-image/. I wish only that I could make the slide, instead of fixed, absolute. But if I do, the background image gets funny.

About the large background images, I was planing to make them smaller.

Great comments. Keep them coming!

Thanks,

JoshWhite

Cool! Yeah I know what you mean about owners having funny ideas about some stuff :)

mevaser
    Participant

I am a perfectionist, I barely care if the customer loves it, if I love it, I am happy! Thanks,

Keep it coming.

Cistron

Hi meavaser,

Looks very neat. I have only little experience, so I hope I don’t sound like a know-it-all.

I noticed that it is a fixed width design. Do you have separate style-sheets for mobile devices, or does the client not care?

mevaser
    Participant

The client wants this project finish, period. Ha ha.

Does any one know how to change this background on the front from FIXED to absolute without breaking the full image width?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.