Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Please critique my first proper attempt at RWD :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Steven Watson
    Participant

Hi everyone

I have been trying to get to grips with RWD, it has always fascinated me and it’s obviously pretty much becoming the “norm” nowadays, so it is a skill I need to have in tool set.

My website is still under construction in terms of adding content and also some other RWD features such as changing the font-size a little bit when on smaller screens etc, so please bear that in mind.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Steven

Tim Stewart
    Participant

Hey Steven,

It’s Thanksgiving weekend here in the U.S. so that may be why response to your request is a little slow.

Nice work on your custom responsive WordPress theme! I just did a responsive redesign of my site about a month ago and decided to go without WordPress to speed up load times. That being said, yours loaded quickly on my laptop on WiFi and got a 90 score on Pingdom. For reference, your site takes about 2 seconds to load and I got mine down to 0.75.

Your design is very clean with lots of nice white space. You may want to consider a couple of things:
    1. Get some real content in there so we can give you better feedback!!
    2. Keep logo left justified as media queries kick in.
    3. Add a collapsing menu for mobile ( I used and modified http://responsivemobilemenu.com , but there are others).
    4. Eliminate white halo around blog dates?
    5. Maybe a little less space between paragraphs?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.