Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript playing music on a site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    chanman

@paulie_d I’ll agree with that also I guess it just depends on what the client really wants.

Paulie_D

>Probably only 2% of people would bother to turn it on.

That should tell you something.

Obviously if it’s a music focused site then a big warning saying “For the best experience you will need to enable sound on this site” is a good idea…but by default?…Never.

chanman

Ok guys Now I think ya’ll are just being mean.

tomrogers123

Couldn’t agree more @chanman. I’m new around here and have no wish to make enemies but I just think that, because clients are paying us money to do something, we should do it. It should be part of our responsibility to them to advise them on the best way to do things on the web and give good reasons why their original idea may be a bad move and what they could do to better serve their users. Ultimately however, if we call ourselves web designers we should do anything people want that involves developing on the web (personally I’d draw the line at table-based layout though!). Hence me providing the code I did.

Dami
    Participant

I’m not going to get into the debate (I think it’s a situational thing), but if you give them an option to turn it on, also give them an option to turn it off if they *have* turned it on. Listening to the same short loop of music or the client’s radio ad gets really old after a while.

Back in the days when inflicting music on your viewers was the “in” thing, weren’t there options provided usually for turning the music on or off at will?

chanman

@tomrogers123 Your exactly right and welcome to the forums I’ve only been on here for about 2 years.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.