Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Picture Aligned Left With Text Beside It

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mwdewitt

I am using WordPress, but this should be a simple HTML fix. Right now, I have an image (here) aligned left and I want a paragraph of text to appear beside it. So, I did some magic and only the first line of text is appearing next to the picture. How do I get the entire paragraph to show next to the image? Also, I was hoping to do some styling, like, making the quotation marks larger to emphasize that it is a quote and have the quoted individual be on a separate line and aligned to the right. Any and all help will be appreciated! Thank you!

wolfcry911
    Participant

you gave it an alignleft class, but don’t have that class in your css (unless I’ve missed something). So, just float it left using that class.

I think you would need to use spans around the quotes to make them larger. As for the author, you could use any method here:
    http://html5doctor.com/html5-simplequiz-5-urls-of-commenters/

mwdewitt

I did some searching. Like @wolfcry911 said, WordPress placed an alignLeft class, when you can just simply say “align=’left'” instead. Now, I have another question. I wanted to add 14 pixels of margin on the right of the image, so that the text is not touching the image. So, I simply put in “margin=’14px'” but it does nothing. So, I went looking on the interwebs about this and I found something called “hspace” and “vspace.” My only problem is, this applies the same amount on opposite sides of the image and not just one, single side. How do I affect just the right side of the image?

Edit: And for some reason “hspace” and “vspace” will not work. I just tried to apply it the way that this website says to, and nothing happens. Help!

wolfcry911
    Participant

align, hspace, and vspace attributes are all deprecated. just add the .alignleft (poor choice of a name however) class to your css and give it float: left; margin-right: 14px;

mwdewitt

That works! Awesome sauce. Thank you. Now I just need to figure out how to give the quote a little more style. Thank you so much, @wolfcry911.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.