Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP variables in CSS not working!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Htmlmainiac

I am running a wordpress site [here](http://bochdewi.co.uk/htmlmainia) and im trying to run php in the style.css with .htaccess but its not working.

chrisburton
    Participant
    chrisburton
    Participant

@htmlmainiac Can we see your style.css file?

Edit: Oops. I meant your .htaccess file.

It seems it’s working since I see styling on your site. What’s not working for you?

chrisburton
    Participant

Try adding this piece of code in place of yours at the top of your style.css file.

header(“Content-type: text/css; charset: UTF-8”);

$noUnderline = “none”;
    ?>

And then right outside the closing PHP tag (?>), place this:

a {text-decoration: ;}

chrisburton
    Participant

I don’t see any PHP. PHP shouldn’t output as PHP unless there’s an error in your code. Is the htaccess file in the same place as your style.css?

DustinWoods

I’ve found a couple ways to do this. You can either tell your server to rewrite a *.css request to look at a PHP script (such as “style.php?name=style”). The other way you can do this is by configuring .css files to be handled by php. I think this .htaccess code should work:

php_value default_mimetype "text/css"

Make sure this .htaccess is at least in the same directory as your css php script.

chrisburton
    Participant

@Htmlmainiac Can you at least answer our questions while ignoring some of our solutions?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.