Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP Slide Show Bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kbphoto

Greetings

I have a slide show on our website that was built by a friend who hit a stumbling block on this bug. I was hoping someone may recognize the issue.

The website is http://www.KarenImages.com. Each page has a slide show. When a page is open and running in a browser and you open a new tab and browse that tab & then come back a minute or so later the slide show quickly does a catch up pattern rapidly playing all the images missed while on the other tab in order to catch up to where it is supposed to be. Codepen did not have a php option so I did not create one for this (newbie). The code for the home page slide show is pasted her – each page has a unique image directory and php file that is behaving the same way. this php code is from the file “home-fading.php”

Second issue is the slide show is warping the images slightly in the horizontal dimension…I am thinking this is an image size issue???

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

============================================================

sacred heart slide

$folder = opendir(“../ss_home_images/”); // Use ‘opendir(“.”)’ if the PHP file is in the same folder as your images. Or set a relative path ‘opendir(“../path/to/folder”)’.

$pic_types = array(“jpg”, “jpeg”, “gif”, “png”);

$index = array();

while ($file = readdir ($folder)) {
    if(in_array(substr(strtolower($file), strrpos($file,”.”) + 1),$pic_types))
    {
    array_push($index,$file);
    }
    }

closedir($folder);
    //print_r($index);
    $active=’class=”active”‘;

shuffle($index);
    foreach($index as $img)
    {
    if($active!=””)
    {
    ?>
    -->

CrocoDillon
    Participant

First issue is a JavaScript issue. I think the `setInterval()` function calls build up when tabbed. You can try changing:

$(function() {
    setInterval( “slideSwitch()”, 5000 );
    });

into

$(function() {
    var id = setInterval(slideSwitch, 5000);
    $(window).blur(function(){
    clearInterval(id);
    });
    $(window).focus(function(){
    id = setInterval(slideSwitch, 5000);
    });
    });

to cancel the interval when the window loses focus and resume when it gains focus. (I haven’t tested this but it could work)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.