Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP – Search Box & Forms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vicki-146
    Participant

Hi, I’m totally new to website design so please bare with me. I’ve created a site having downloaded a template and edited the various sections to suit. I have a Search Box and a Form, but I would like help to make them actually work. I’ve read I need a PHP file but no idea what exactly I need. If you can help, let me know what information you need and I’ll post.
    Thanks so much!

vicki-146
    Participant
    vicki-146
    Participant

Ah thanks so much.

Oh really, why do you not trust it? I thought it’d be a good way to get my started, I am trying to learn code but I’m a graphic designer so I only know some basics at the moment.

So, installing a CMS sounds like a good idea?

Thanks for the link on the form, I’ll check that out asap!

vicki-146
    Participant

Yea you’re totally right, I understand. Yea so I have an understanding of html and CSS, I can write some of it from scratch. I could just never start with a blank canvas and create a website. That template came with those two features of a search box and a form so I thought there’d be some simple way of making them work but I don’t really need them on my site so I can remove them and concentrate on getting a better grip of coding first.
    Thanks so much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.