Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP get Screen Resolution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ChrisBull

Hi, Is it possible to do this without using javascript?
    Thanks

jamygolden
    ChrisBull

Hi, Thanks for the reply – I don’t think that having different style sheets will work as I’m creating a site where the content stretches to the bottom of the page and the end of the page so I need to know the screen resolution to set the size of the ‘divs’

guiniveretoo

Chris – you probably wouldn’t want to use a server-side solution for what is a presentational, client-side problem.

Good luck! full page presentations are the bane of my existence – they’re hard to accomplish! You might look at the “position: fixed” or “position:absolute” properties of css: or even “display:table” (http://www.digital-web.com/articles/everything_you_know_about_CSS_Is_wrong/). It’s kinda weird, I know – i had a few shivers when I saw “display:table” as a recommendation but I think it might be the start of a solution to making a full-page site. Also look at the ALA article about responsive design, especially the parts about max- and min-device-width. Makes it easier to adjust the design based on the viewport size.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.