The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

PHP Fatal error (joomla)

• # May 15, 2013 at 6:13 am

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass:onDisplay() in librariesjoomlahtmleditor.php on line 459

Plz help asap

# May 15, 2013 at 6:50 am

Don’t know anything about Joomla but a quick Google searched tells me it’s a missing or invalid plugin.

# May 15, 2013 at 6:55 am

Had a quick google, came across the same issue on stackoverflow, They suggested the following:

Replace the line:

$resultTest = $plugin->onDisplay($editor);

which is in line 261* after the line:

// Try to authenticate — only add to array if authentication is successful

Replace it with:

if (method_exists($plugin, ‘onDisplay’)) {
    $result[] = $plugin->onDisplay($editor);

This code won’t get rid of the problem, but will remove the symptoms. As CrocoDillon points out, the error basically means there is a missing/invalid plugin.

# May 15, 2013 at 6:56 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Googling your error turned up this:

Any use? Read the whole thread, as there are other solutions posited. If that’s not useful, maybe try posting some more information. Joomla version and any modifications would be a start, along with any plugins.

The error information you posted tells you where to look. Unfortunately, that alone isn’t really enough. Unless someone’s encountered your error before (and, co-incidentally due to the same reason) you might need to put a little effort into describing your problem. Basically, errors tell you the what – you need to work out the why.

# May 15, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Solved it myself actually I had enabled automatic language selection in one of the default editors and that was the bug..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed