Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other php encode images

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eduard

Hey Guys, I have one question for you, maybe it sounds stupid but anyway.

Is there away to encode the featured images of wordpress posts? I mean I can store in a php var the url of a Featured image of a posts, but how can I encode this image. I’ve tried to using this:

$img_url = the Featured image url;
    $encode_image = base64_encode($image_url);
    ?>

and them I use this:

__
    Participant

You don’t need to encode the image URL; you need to encode the image itself (the file). Read about [`file_get_contents`](http://php.net/file_get_contents).

As a side note, however, this is Not A Great Idea unless the images are *tiny* (icon-sized, and even then it depends). Doing this with normal-sized images would make your page insanely heavy, and -since the images are inline in the markup- would block page rendering until they were done being downloaded.

Eduard

@traq, thank you for your time, I’m not using this on a live project I’m just playing around. But thank you for your in site on this. Cheers.

__
    Participant

Well, live project or not, heavy is heavy. As I said, it *does* have its applications. Did you get it figured out?

Eduard

yes thank you so much. Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.