Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PHP cache

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I want to create offline Cache Manifest File using PHP

my file structure index,html,contact.php,about-us.php ,cssfolder,js folder

please help me

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Why not make the manifest file manually? Seems like a lot of effort to automate something really simple.

i am faimalier with html maifest file ..but i never used in php..can y0u help me how to implement it.if u have any demo . please give me alinks o i understand

is html5 manifest method work in php

kevinvance
    Participant

To be clear, you’re wanting to use PHP to generate a cache.manifest, or can you create it manually? If creating it manually is ok for your case, that’s probably the way to go, but maybe I’m not understanding the use case.

__
    Participant

Say you have a manifest file like so:

CACHE MANIFEST
    index.html
    stylesheet.css
    images/logo.png
    scripts/main.js

In the simplest case, you can use PHP to generate this manifest like so:

echo “CACHE MANIFEST
    index.html
    stylesheet.css
    images/logo.png
    scripts/main.js”;

But that probably isn’t what you want. This is why everyone is asking what it is you’re actually trying to do – it’s difficult to give a useful answer without knowing any details.

please help me

__
    Participant

@pranavpatil19, did you get my response to your private message?

There is no way to help you further if you don’t answer our questions about *why* you’re trying to use PHP for this task. If there is *no reason*, then my post above answers your question in its entirety. If there *is* a reason, you need to explain it.

So, **why**? What are you trying to accomplish by using PHP that you can’t do by simply writing the manifest in a text editor?

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_app_cache.asp is this method work with php file…

i want cache my imges css and jacascriptand my nav.php file file and i am using php language…so i want to create oofline cache using manifest file….

is html5 manifest method working in php…..

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Of course, if your php file outputs html. In the even more simple case you can rename your index.html or whatever file you have that is making use of the app cache to index.php and it works the same. Because php is a server language and app cache has nothing to do with that.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.