The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Programming Fundamentals" Dec 02 - 2:00 PM Eastern

php autoresponder problem

• # September 20, 2009 at 12:50 pm

I’m creating my first php mail script from a form I created, and so far so good. I am able to get the form results emailed to me, but I can’t make it send a response to the form submitter. Do I have it setup wrong? The first mail line (form submit) is working, just the second one (autorespond) is not…?! Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Here’s my code: (links are just example links)

< ?php $name = $_REQUEST['name'] ; $phone= $_REQUEST ['phone']; $address= $_REQUEST ['address']; $fax= $_REQUEST ['fax']; $email= $_REQUEST ['email']; $message = "Name: $namenn"; $message .= "Phone: $phonenn"; $message .= "Address: $addressnn"; $message .= "Fax: $faxnn"; $message .= "Email: $emailnn"; $reply = "My auto respond message, thank you, blah blah."; if (!isset($_REQUEST['name'])) header( "Location:" ); elseif (empty($name) || empty($phone) || empty($email)) { header( "Location:" ); } else { mail( "", "Submitted Order Form", $message, "From: $email" ); mail( "$email", "Order Confirmation", $reply, "From: MySite" ); header( "Location:" ); } ?>
    # September 21, 2009 at 8:10 pm

I don’t thin that the $email should be in quotations.

mail( $email, “Order Confirmation”, $reply, “From: MySite” );

Try this.

# September 22, 2009 at 12:16 pm

Also this looks weird:

$_REQUEST [’email’];

maybe you need to remove the spaces in the request like this:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed