Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Photoshop Mockup/Save for Web Color Variance

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vandalais

Hey guys, I’m having an issue with Photoshop not rendering my colors correctly. I’m doing a mockup for a site with set hex colors and they are obviously rendering incorrectly. I’m using the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 color profile. When I save for web the colors are correct but the colors are incorrect during mockup. When I do a blank HTML page to check color the monitor is spot on. This is a new installation of Photoshop on a PC and I thought I had all the color profiles set correctly but I’m still having an issue. I’ve double checked my settings with various forum’s posts and they seem to be correct. I’m about at wits end, spending the last hour trying to figure out what is wrong. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

vandalais

I seemed to have found my own answer. Color settings were correct but my proof settings did not match as it was set to sRGB when it should have been set to monitor RGB, are at least in my case it renders the colors correctly. I was about half way finished a mock up when I started to use the designer’s hex colors. I guess it’s a good lesson learned to double check your colors on a new installation.

TheDoc

Yes, the wonderful world of color profiles. On top of all of that craziness, we have to deal with nearly every LCD monitor providing slightly different output.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.