Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Photoshop Background sample

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tobeeornot

I have used PS to create a background texture that I have sampled and then optimized for web. The problem is when I apply it using css the sample creates an unwanted tiling effect, despite being on repeat. Be good to know how to avoid this and apply the texture evenly.

chrisburton
    Participant

It’s really not too difficult but it takes some time. There are a bunch of tutorials out there to help you. Method & Craft has one but in my opinion, it’s too annoying to watch. You need to use offset and the clone tool.

tobeeornot

You don’t have any links handy?

chrisburton
    Participant

What sort of texture is it? There are different steps to take for certain textures.

tobeeornot

They are all greyscale: Black Weave, Fiber1. Homemadepaper and pebbled.

tobeeornot

I am sampling each and using one I should mention.

TheDoc

I hate getting images to tile properly so I just go find other resources that people have already provided.

standuncan

Sounds like the pattern is not “repeatable”. I have had to do a fair amount of work to get different parchment and wood grain textures to repeat. I usually start by cutting in half the perfect square, left and right, then swapping those sides and then blending the middle. Next I cut in half, top and bottom, and swap those sides and blend the middle. Usually that works for me.

tobeeornot

Where abouts Doc?

tobeeornot

@Standuncan- thanks for that. Sounds like quite a bit of work.

chrisburton
    Participant

Those all can be repeatable it just takes time. Resource: http://subtlepatterns.com

tobeeornot

Thank you all. Some really helpful advice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.