Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Photography website I made for my friend

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kenbond

This is my first project that I am charging money for. It’s just a simple website to showcase her photography work.

http://www.kenbondma.com/christie/

Let me know what you think!

BTW, this is my first post here! yay

TheDoc

Welcome to the forums!

I think the gap at the top is way to big and the text on the Bio page is really hard to read, but other than that it looks good enough.

kenbond

thanks for the feedback. I made the tweaks and it looks better.

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

expanding on TheDoc’s point, it’s more efficient/fast for someone to look at the whole image without scrolling down to see the bottom part of it. :D

kenbond
    "arjunvasudeva" wrote:
    expanding on TheDoc’s point, it’s more efficient/fast for someone to look at the whole image without scrolling down to see the bottom part of it. :D

Yeah, I guess I was assuming people have decent sized resolutions now. Web design wise what is the smallest resolution websites should support?

TheDoc
    "kenbond" wrote:
    Yeah, I guess I was assuming people have decent sized resolutions now. Web design wise what is the smallest resolution websites should support?

1024 screens

vroooomtech

I’d still move everything up some. I still have to scroll down to see the pictures, and I think it would be much better if it was all displayed so I could see it without scrolling. Only looks to be 100-150px not showing though.

nate374

I think the font of the header doesn’t fit the mood of the site. The simple design requires crisp typography. I recommend using a clean serif font that pops through its boldness, rather than its slant. The photos are large enough that any additional elements on the page may be distracting. Nice job.

Nate

keithdevon

Hi,

Good work for a first attempt. It’s really difficult to get right, take all the suggestions on-board and you’ll be a pro in no time. (That’s what I’m counting on!) Here are my thoughts:

It fits ok on my screen.

I’m not a fan of the large gap above the header. Seems to just be floating aimlessly.

I agree that the logo font doesn’t quite work with the style of the site. A rough font like that would look better on a texture. Use a nice clean font as suggested.

The bio page is really hard to read. Try one/all of the following:

increase the line-height[/list:u]
      increase the font-size and/or decrease the line length[/list:u]
      use a darker colour for the text (just slightly darker!) or[/list:u]
      use a lighter background colour, like a dark gray[/list:u]

The blue hover state doesn’t look good. Try an underline on hover, or changing the text to a gray.

But it’s simple and effective so well done and good luck!

keithdevon

Maybe something like this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.