Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Photographer’s website redesign

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello all, I’ve been away from these boards for a while with RL being a little hectic…

However, here’s a redesign of a site I originally posted here over a year ago…

http://tinyurl.com/n83lpt

Any thoughts, comments, bashings, would be much appreciated, thanks!

MrBrightside
    Participant

Very nice, website! I like the portfolio the best I think, the loading bar is really cool.

The ways I would improve it, make the links on the top a little less "vampire-ish" like scary and glowing and on the about page I would add some line spacing to help the readability and also maybe make the background a tad bit lighter, to help the readability also I would add a "home" link, I feel a bit lost without it.

overall I think it needs a bit less of a menising look, and a more inviting look. Perhaps more photos on other pages besides portfolio one.

But I like the idea a lot, and again, the portfolio part was done well, I like the logo in the top left

Good stuff Milehigh,

clean simple to the point, a good style.

I agree also with MrBrightside, the gallery is cool and really well styled in to the site.

The site does come across a little sinister in colouring. I don’t mind the glows but I do think they are way too overpowering on the hover states. darktext/thickwhite glow and the font does make it a little harsh on the eyes. The inverted link state is much nicer than the hover state and I would consider simply using that as the hover state too.

Finally, if you want to stick to the 3 link layout, just make the top left logo a home link. I don’t know about anyone else but i have gotten into the habit of featuring a home link in the logos of most sites. I know of quite a lot of people who naturally assume it to be a home link.

all the best
    Greg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.