Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Pet database with a cms

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gable
    Participant

I’d like to create a website what is a database of pets.

Ex.: There is a pet owner who has 3 dogs. The owner have only some information, but the dogs have much more to store like name, DOB, gender, chip id and “parents”. I have a problem with this parents section because I the parents can be the other owner’s dog. (Also I have to show their relationship in a family three or in a table.)

So does anyone know a cms or plugint to implement this website?

Thanks in advance!

(There is an example site LINK[HUNGARIAN])

BionicClick
    Participant

No matter the CMS you pick, you’re going to need to do some custom programming, but not much if you choose wisely.

Drupal. Its a very powerful CMS… and you can do what you want with it! for sure, I have created similar sites using it. Using drupal you can create say “dog”, “parents”, “owner” etc. and create relationships between them all, and then use that data to export custom datasets. (this is what you’re asking for)

Second choice, but not a good one. WordPress. this will require a custom plugin which you create from scratch.

chrisburton
    Participant

Second choice, but not a good one. WordPress. this will require a custom plugin which you create from scratch.

Agree.

I prefer Kirby over other CMS’s that I have tried. Incredibly simple to customize and also easier to implement custom post types and custom fields.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.