Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Pesky Footer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    allenc
    Participant

First I would like to say this community is great and I hope I can add to it in the near future as I become more skilled in CSS.

Until that please help me with a nagging footer alignment problem -_-

on peerbenchmarking.com the footer will overlap other page elements for some reason I cant get it to respect the heights of both the main content or sidebar. I have tried clearing the floats re ordering the structure of the page and a host of other ideas and am about 2 more failures away from tabling it up… Any help would be great

TheDoc

“This webpage is not available”

Johnnyb

I’m not really sure I’m seeing your issue, but trying adding ‘overflow: hidden’ to #content. Also, you had a typo in your link in this post – missed the ‘h’ out of bench.

allenc
    Participant

Sorry about the link thing here is a specific page where it happens. http://www.peerbenchmarking.com/money-back-guarantee/ you will notice on pages where the content is rather long it is pushed down… Thanks again

tobeeornot
    allenc
    Participant

Doesnt seem to select it when I do class=”footer clearfix” and if I wrap it in a div with the class=”clearfix” i get the css selcted but that doesnt solve the issue

tobeeornot

might be best if you post the code

chrisburton
    Participant

add it to the sidebar

allenc
    Participant

No luck in the sidebar either.

Whats the proper way to post the code and do you need all the CSS or what? Im a noob here

chrisburton
    Participant

wait, wait. Why are you floating the sidebar to the left? Should be floated to the right.

allenc
    Participant

Im pretty sure that was to try and fix it some time ago floated left no change.

chrisburton
    Participant

Keep it floated right.

In your html, add a class of clearfix to the sidebar.

In your CSS stylesheet add this:

.clearfix:before,
    .clearfix:after { content: "020"; display: block; height: 0; overflow: hidden; }
    .clearfix:after { clear: both; }
    .clearfix { zoom: 1; }
    allenc
    Participant

Done no luck.

Could this be caused by a separate div in the footer and applying clearfix to that div which ever it may be would solve the issue?

chrisburton
    Participant

@allenc

the clearfix:after should clear the float after the sidebar. I’m not sure what the cause is at this point.

Edit: Remove the clearfix div and the break div before and after the footer and the css that goes with it. You’re actually not supposed to wrap the footer with these. Shouldn’t make a difference in the end result, though.

chrisburton
    Participant

@wolfcry911http://i51.tinypic.com/21dj22p.png on Chrome

(disregard the lower bulb image)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.