Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Personal site review (responsive layout)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    supperman
    Participant

Hey guys!

I made this portfolio for me and my brother. Ill ad some more subpages and some pics of projects i did later, but the 90% is done in the CSS HTML sense.

What do you think?
    Comments, criticism welcome on the design/code.

http://tinyurl.com/aph4r7p

Cheers!

webbeetle

Looks nice, but sorry to say so: I find the very narrow and small font tedious to read = borders on impossible!

Murd

Hey!
    Nice work! This is how responsive web design should be done. But I also think you should choose another font. It’s really small and deters me of reading the text.

Andy Howells
    Participant

Yeah, I would say the design is good, clean, nice colour scheme and responsiveness, but the typeface is a bit difficult to read.

A cure to that could be to use CSS letter-spacing to spread it out a bit.

jurotek
    Participant

That font type is ruining otherwise very nice responsive site. Typography should be the foundation of good design.

dfogge
    Participant

other than the font issues everyone’s already mentioned, you just need to slap “width: 80%;” and “margin: 0 auto;” onto your footer container to prevent overflow.

the site looks good otherwise!

supperman
    Participant

I really didn’t see the font issue. Thanks for pointing that out guys. Ill experiment with other type and what @AndyHowells suggested.

edit:
    Thanks @dfogge. Ill fix that.

Bonzai
    Participant

I like it, think the Website looks clean and professional.

You said you only worked on the HTML/ CSS side of things, so not sure if its something that’s going to be added later, but what I’ve always hated was a page jumping from one point to another, I prefer jquery to slide up and down the page. Also, what I like to use is a scroll to top arrow that appears as soon as you’re not on the top of the page anymore, instead of just the bottom of the page. (Like I used with this site avmafightnight.co.uk)

supperman
    Participant

Thanks @Bonzai

I was thinking of implementing that later.

karanzone77

Nice design and really great work. The design is clean and decent but attractive. Really good work :) loved the design very much. Go ahead!!

supperman
    Participant

Thanks @karanzone77 . My experience while working on this site is that responsive/adaptive design can be some pain in the neck to modify if you don’t have workflow figured out. You can easily tangle yourself in too much CSS hacking and loose the overview/control of it. -edit- Or is this just me being lazy and rushing.

uneart

@supperman I like the design and the responsiveness of it. Except the typography but that has been mentioned already.

I’m missing the main navigation on large screensizes, though. It disappears at about ~1000px width. Maybe it’s meant to be like that but I wouldn’t know how to navigate, then.
    I made a screenshots of [medium size](http://db.tt/wB4Q4z4h “”) and [large size (menu gone)](http://db.tt/43l2yOJq “”).

supperman
    Participant

@uneart It was meant like that, but ill put it back as its UX fail. Im working on fonts and some more subpages.

supperman
    Participant

@uneart @karanzone77 @Bonzai @jurotek @webbeetle and others..

Guys I updated the site. Have a look if you have some spare time! Consider:
    -logo?
    -Fonts? Im weak on this subject. I went with default Tahoma.
    -Showcase menu?

Cheers!

markthema3
    Participant

I would move the projects to the top, on smaller screens the site looks really bland when it first loads.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.