Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End perpetual 365-day calendar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jamiek8

Is this possible?

I want my blog to have only 365 entries – one entry per day – revolving continually year after year, day after day with the same daily messages. Like a virtual breviary or prayerbook. Problem is that WP re-writes the files on every upgrade. Obviously for permanence, I would like the blog to keep abreast of WP efficiencies without having the database re-written.

I do not require the year of the blog entry. Best to have no year at all. The year is irrelevant. Are any of these requirements a possibility or does the nature of WP just not allow this?

You can see the blog here: http://www.heartsteps.org

Kind regards,

Jamie Kelley
    Vancouver, BC

jamiek8

Josh:

I know from nothing about php or WordPress for that matter. If you think that you can find a solution for this, I’d be more than happy to compensate you for your time.

Wanna give it a try?

Best,

Jamie

jamiek8

Wow Josh, thanks…I’ll give this to my code assistant to put into my php files. I don’t have a good history of adding code and not breaking the links. Batcha soon with the results. Real generous of you and much appreciated.

Jamie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.