Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Perfect Full Page Background jQuery problem …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    VisualSense

Hello. I am hoping that someone maybe able to assist me.

I have used Chris Coyier’s jQuery code to create a perfect full page background image. I seem to have arrived at a problem in Safari (on a Mac). By the way, my testing at this stage is purely limited to Firefox 3.6.13 (in which the code works really well) and Safari 5.1.2. I need to resolve the issue I have encountered before testing elsewhere.

In Safari, the image fails to stay at the height of the browser window when the window itself reduces. Instead of cropping into the image (whilst retaining the maximum height) it proportionally scales it leaving a large white space below it. You can view the result at . I apologise in advance if I have missed something really simple here, but I confess to being a designer and not a developer!

Many thanks in advance for anyone’s assistance.

Andrew

stevedeer

at?

VisualSense

Apologies Stevedeer, I thought I’d added the link … It’s at http://www.visualsense.com/spectrum

VisualSense

Apologies if I appear to be a little impatient, but might anyone have a resolution to this problem? Thank you in advance … Andrew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.