Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End PDF viewer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CameronDuthie
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m currently making a website for a client where they require PDF files to be viewed/downloaded from their site. I’m not sure how you actually make the files downloadable from the server though, i was hoping someone would be able to point me in the right direction? I’m making the site in WordPress so i’m looking for a PHP snippet of some kind…i think?

I’ve found quite a few resources online about turning html > PDF which looks great but it’s not quite what im looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Cameron

ccc630

I used the

Document Links Widget

plugin on a couple client sites. It doesn’t offer pdf viewing, but makes the downloadable part quite easy.

ccc630

Urp. Sorry for the ugly formatting there.

CameronDuthie
    Participant

Hey ccc630,

Thanks for your suggestion, i appreciate the link. I’ll check that out. :)

I’m still open to suggestions if anyone else could lend a hand?

Cheers,

CameronDuthie
    Participant

Found a link that might make it easier to understand the effect im trying to go for.

http://www.calloohcallaybar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/DRINKSPDF.pdf

CameronDuthie
    Participant

So for any idiot out there like me that jumps without looking you’d realise that when you upload to WordPress using their media uploader and insert it into the post that way it provides that exact functionality of that link i added (in chrome anyway).

My face sure is red after that one.

Senff
    Participant

I’m not really sure what you’re trying to do, but keep in mind that the way a PDF is viewed, depends on the local settings of the user.

For example, I could have it set so that a link to any .PDF file will automatically be downloaded to my hard drive, but other users might have is configured in a way that is shows the PDF in the browser. Then, it also depends on WHICH browser is being used, that might make things look different too.

Not sure if that’s what you were going after though. :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.